17 October 2007

6 Months, Bishes!



After 6 months of parenthood, you would think by now I've got the hang of this thing. I suppose I do, if alternating between crushing fear and goofy bliss is normal. Here's a list of random thoughts:

  • Crushing fears: basically every news story about sick kids, lead paint, superbugs, etc.
  • Goofy bliss: sometimes I sneak into his room to watch him sleep. Sometimes he wakes up, looks around, sees me, and breaks into the widest, happiest smile ever. Gets me every time.
  • I adore my wife. Jala3 is lucky to have her as a mom.
  • I can be up to my elbows in Rocco-poop and still sing nursery rhymes, but if the dog so much as farts I'm having conniptions about it.
  • Having a child is like having an instant best friend.
  • We're already talking about the future Jala4. We're not getting any younger.
  • Whoa. (see above).
  • My one resolution this year was to try to see the world as Roc would, where everything is new and awesome, to explore along with him.
  • Huggies>Pampers.
  • Seems like everyone around us is procreating, or is it that we're just hanging around more prospective parents nowadays?
  • Despite the crushing fears, I think that we're the most laid-back parents you'll ever meet. I just want my kid(s) to be normal. In an excellent way.
  • I apologize for still not getting our 777 thank-yous out yet.
  • Having 2 kids is still beyond my comprehension, like it was when we were still contemplating the 1.
What, you want profound?

No comments: