04 July 2005

Flickr + Canon

I've also signed up for a Flickr account for posting photos. I'll be uploading my trip photos there, so feel free to take a look at them, as well as a few others I've taken in the last few years. I've looked at the other photo sharing websites; Flickr is unique in that it is more of an amateur photographer's community than just a place to post the usual pictures of your nephew's birthday party or your dog, though there's plenty of that that there as well. What I like most is the group feature, which allows you join any number of interest groups, where you can add your photos to a group pool and participate in any discussions.

I went ahead and bought a fancy new camera as well; I wanted to document the trip as best I can, and felt I could do that with the 20d better than my G2, which is now in AT's capable hands. I've always had an interest in photography, what better way to further develop those skills than with a nice camera? Unfortunately, I've also rendered the rest of my equipment obsolete (an AE-1 Program circa 1985) because it's so old, so I've got to start over with the filters, lenses, etc. I always pick the expensive hobbies. Know anyone who would be interested in a starter SLR?

No comments: